Sunday, February 12, 2006

What I Took Home With Me

We spent a lot of time in 2 Corinthians 4. “We have this treasure in jars of clay.” We talked about the actual clay pot (us) a lot and how they were cracked and had holes, etc. from lots of daily use. God loves to shine His glory through those cracks and holes. As Christians and especially as leaders we tend to want to present an image of a perfectly glazed and painted undamaged clay pot than an old cracked one. But these veils and the images we present block people from seeing the true glory of God shining through our weaknesses and problems.

It was never that I purposefully tried to present a false image but God clearly showed me that I try to fix most of those cracks and holes (weaknesses and problems in my life) all by myself, rather than being patient and allowing Him to shine through them. I’m impatient and I need to let God bring His resolution in so many areas of my life rather than trying to do it myself and in the process blocking God’s glory.

Well, that was the big thing I learned. We obviously talked a lot about mentoring others and I need to be more intentional about those kinds of relationships.

The whole week was just so good and God ordained. We thank Him for it. We all just want to grow into more Christ-like leaders and reproduce others that are the same and who will continue that reproduction process.

No comments: