Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Psalms

I have a confession to make.

I've never really liked reading the Psalms. I know. Shhhhhhh.

But it's the truth. I think somewhere in the pride of my heart I figured reading the Psalms were for people who couldn't handle the rest of the Bible.

I'm admitting to this really shameful personality trait because I've recently had a change of heart.

This is the first year we are teaching the subject: "Psalms" in our Bible College. It's in the 2nd year curriculum. Guess who is teaching it. Yeah, moi.

I get chills almost everyday in class as I teach from the Psalms and we discuss the Word of God. I have heard the voice of God speaking to me more in the past week or two than I have in a long time. I've stepped out on faith and clung to the words of wisdom I've recent discovered in the Psalms and have sat back quietly and allowed the Lord to be the great eternal judge that He is. I've received supernatural peace in my inner being, as well as, seen transformations in the lives of other people. And I had nothing to do with it, I just reaped the benefit.
Man, I wasted a good 20 years of my life avoiding the Psalms.

No comments: