Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Why I Love Barbie

Our daughter, C., loves Barbie. Here she is below in a Barbie Fairytopia dress. She is a gorgeous child and with her curly blond hair she gets a lot of attention, especially in India.
However, with all that beauty she is also the child that I struggle with the most. Yet, here is why I Love Barbie. - C. Loves Barbie. She even prefers to be called "Barbie Charlotte"

I've learned to use this to my advantage, see following example:

Me: "C. you've got a black booger hanging out of your nose, let me get it."

C: "No."

Me: "Oh, Barbie doesn't have black boogers hanging out of her nose."

C: Obediently leans nose toward me to have the offending booger removed. Doesn't say a word. Doesn't complain. Doesn't shout, scream, pull away or otherwise misbehave. After booger is removed she asks to see it.

I realize this is manipulation and I sincerely hope to someday be the kind of mother who has children who obey her immediately and at all times. Until then - man, I love Barbie.

* Yes, I know I revealed it.

No comments: