I admit that Facebook has put the hurt on my blogging to some degree, but I still like it.
Here are my thoughts on the types of people you find on Facebook: (in no particular order and I'm not judging, just observing):
1. Kids are Their World: These are the people who are obsessed with their kids, especially with their kid's illnesses and pretty much post that only.
2. Jesus Lovers*: Their posts generally contain something about Jesus loving them or them loving Jesus or a request for prayer.
3. In Love: These people are so in love with their spouse/significant other that I'm constantly in awe that so many people in the world actually found the perfect mate...
4. Networkers: These people are on Facebook for one reason and one reason only - to get business.
5. Facebook Gamers: Farmville, Vampyre somethin-anothers, etc... Facebook=funtime (I guess).
6. Sin Convictors: These people generally will post only verses or Biblically related quotes or personal thoughts that generally just leave me convicted (which I think was their point).
7. No Lifers: (owwww, now I'm getting mean...) Posts invariably relate to what these people ate, drank, where they're going or what they're watching on TV.
8. Over Posters: People who post so many times a day on Facebook that I have had to "hide" them so that I can actually read other people's posts too.
9. Well Rounded: Obviously well rounded would be that person who posts consistently (1-2 times a day - I personally consider more than that highly obsessive - see #8) on a variety of topics - above mentioned as well as others.
*I love Jesus too!