Friday, January 07, 2011

Fasting For My Girls

I'm not really sure how to start this testimony of God's goodness to me. I've typed a beginning twice and deleted it twice.

For the last two days my four daughters were on my heart especially regarding their spiritual and mental health. I had been laying my prayers before the Lord and I am here to testify He heard them!

At the start of this 2011 several of us are fasting and praying - individually - but with one spirit. It was not planned but one by one God has been bringing us together to fast and pray before him. We're not public about it, yet, somehow people come to know and almost daily people are added to our numbers.

This evening I was walking through our school and a C.'s class teacher, who is a Christian, stopped me and we talked for a few minutes and she asked how I was. I started to walk away and she called me back.

She said, "I'm fasting too. I started three days ago. I am fasting and praying only for your four daughters." She then asked me not to tell anyone, altho I don't think you count. :)

I have not ceased to be amazed at my God who would love me so much that he heard my concern for my daughters and a day before I even started to pray about it he chose his servant to start fasting and praying specifically and only for them.

Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome God we serve!! amen!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. SAS

Anonymous said...

i just read this to Mark, i can't stop crying...God is good to us.

love you, Char

SabrinaGreen said...

That's good. meet and greet Heathrow