Monday, October 02, 2006

Why I'm Not Around So Much

Last Monday I got my b-day package, and in it were 7 books and 1 DVD that I had purchased for myself with an Amazon GC.

I've already read 3 books and watched the DVD.

I read "The Book of the Dead" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child first because, well, I Love Pendergast. He was in jail and I just couldn't leave him there with Diogenes on the loose any longer than I already had.

If you have no idea what that means, I will one day get inspired enough to write my Preston and Child dedicated post. Hey, I may need to start a whole new blog for it.

2 really are better than one.

Anyone who actually has a clue what I'm writing about - good for you.

The 2nd book I read was a light hearted romance. Not worth mentioning.

But what I just finished was "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz. I read Koontz for years and years. He's got some wacky mind, but I generally enjoy his books and his takes on good and evil. This one was quite good. Good enough that I cried and my eyes still hurt. Good enough that I'll buy the next 2 Odd Thomas novels even tho they appear to not hold a candle to the 1st. (Yes, I realiae the 3rd won't be published til November.)

The DVD is: "Where the Heart Is." A favorite movie and book of mine. Just always love the theme of Change in a novel or film. Always will, I guess.

Next in line to be read: "Dark Tort" by Diane Mott Davidson.

No comments: