Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All My Ducks In A Row

I was feeling pretty good about having all my paper/legal stuff ready to get back to India. The passports, visas, tickets... Ahhh the tickets.

In the middle of April I called to purchase a plane ticket for G. As an infant she still needs a ticket although she doesn't get a seat and she can't check luggage. The lady on the phone told me they would send me a paper ticket for me and G. I distinctly remember this conversation since the rest of my family would have electronic tickets and I confirmed that that would not be a problem.

So, the other day we were driving somewhere and it hit me out of the blue... I never got G.'s ticket.

Long story short, I spent 30 minutes on the phone (most of them on hold) with Delta yesterday and found out that although G.'s information had been entered in the computer they had never charged me for her ticket.

So, 1. this throws off my family budget since I thought that money had already been taken out. 2. I now need to purchase her ticket at the counter next Wednesday when we fly.

I got angry with the guy. What if there is a problem? G. doesn't fly, I can't fly, and it all goes downhill from there.

He assured me that he would not have told me that it would be ok if it were going to be a problem.

Hmmmm.

The good thing was that soon after my budget did get back on tract. So, that's good.

No comments: