Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Dream Fulfilled

I had one big thing that I really wanted to do while in the USA during this trip. A visit to the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.

I thought of the person I would most like to visit the museum with and that was my friend, Kat. We had both read, "Dinosaurs in the Attic" by Richard Preston which is all about the museum and I certainly didn't want to go with my kids!

Kat was game and off we went today to NYC.

We had a fabulous time. If you are wondering, the movie, "A Night in the Museum" was to have taken place there. This was not the reason I wanted to visit, although it is a cute movie.

Oh no, it all started long ago with the novel, "Relic" by Preston and Child. But what really got me interested are Preston and Child's' later novels that have Agent Pendergast as the protagonist - don't get me started. OK, I won't since I am getting kicked off the computer - will continue later...

No comments: