Friday, February 27, 2009

One Day Left

There is only one day left in the month of February. This is weird, thinking you will have a child born in one month and then - you don't. Well, like I said, one day left. Ha! I'm not holding my breath (I shouldn't anyway - bad for the baby.)

Well, both O. and G. are born in the 1st half of March - maybe we'll just have triple b-day parties from here on out.

The weird thing is, I don't really know if I am really over my date or not. I had a strange episode of bleeding in the month of June which I thought was a period but was unusually long. My original due date was March 15 according to that. However, when I had my ultrasound it came back as February 15 and the doctor said there just can't be that much difference. My placenta was low which caused bleeding although I was already pregnant. This created some date problems because I now had to remember the 1st day of my LP from like 3 months previously. Uhhhh. Eventually, the doctor came up with Feb 26 as the date.

I've always stuck with the ultrasound date because it seemed the most reliable and both E. and C. were born one day after their dates.

So, now what do I do? Do I induce? Do I wait some more? ... It's very boring never knowing what tomorrow may hold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck,
I feel for you girl! Caleb was supposed to be born in May, and was born in June. Naomi was supposed to be born in October, and was born in November. However, I was never two weeks past my due date. Does your doctor say your fluids look OK in there? Does the baby have good movement still? Induction is the pits so I would try and wait it out a bit more if everything looks good, especially with the confusion on the actual due date. Have you had any contractions? You'll be in my prayers. Waiting is so hard!

Love you,
Jenny

Rebecca O said...

Thanks for the advice. I did have some somewhat painful but irregular contractions last night and I am having some low pain today. I don't know anything anymore. I'm just trying to get thru life life as usual.

I'm gonna get things ready for G.'s b-day today since it's in about 2 weeks, may as well get her dress and everything while I have the time and freedom, who knows what will happen.

I really don't want to be induced either...

Rebecca O said...

Oh, the baby moves like anything keeps me awake 1/2 the night.

Elena said...

My E. was born in September, though she was due in August. And I switched drs so I had different dates too. I'm voting for the day of your next appt in the evening afterwards! Maybe even March 3rd so she'll be six months younger than E M Z.