Saturday, October 06, 2007

Spirits

The other night I was reading in my room. I'm not sure if it was the book I was reading (Christian non-fiction) or something else but I gradually started to become more and more confused and unsure. Those things which are good and right became wrong in my eyes and those things which are evil and unholy appeared right. I was very disturbed and started to pray, weakly, but pray I did and then I slept.

Things seemed more normal the next morning.

The day after that O. was sharing in our office prayer time that he was suffering from different kinds of doubts. It wasn't exactly the same thing I experienced but it was close enough that a light bulb switched on in my head. We were under attack, spiritual attack.

O. seems to be suffering worse than I, please pray for us. We are coming into major Hindu festival time in India and the spiritual fight is on and intense.

You can think I'm wacky or not but last night the darkness was so bad as we were going to sleep that there was a palpable presence of evil in our bedroom.

Ah, The Love of God is so great and it was the only thing I clung to last night.

2 Cor. 10: 3-5 "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

2 comments:

the mccollums... said...

r, I just read this and then aloud for my husband. We will be praying for you both. I remember you posting these things in the past and I remember an attack you had when we were roommates in Raipura, do you remember? We will be praying for you both. love, jamie

Rebecca O said...

Oh, I remember. I suffered attacks like that in recent years but not for at least the last year and a half. Thank the Lord. I've learned to confess everything before I go to sleep. A couple of our Bible students suffer the same strangling sensation (they describe it as a girl sitting on their chest) - at least I know exactly what they are going through.

This was somewhat different in that I wasn't touched, I felt their presence in my spirit.

Thanks for the prayers.