Tuesday, September 23, 2008

23rd September 2008

It's hard to believe but the "big day" has come around again. My birthday. I'm reluctant to give any thoughts on how the day will turn out this early on in the game, but it has been pretty good so far. Shhhh. The day occasionally starts out this way and eventually goes down hill. I'll let you know about the whole shabang - tomorrow.

I've had loads of phone calls, one friend even told me he went to the local hospital and handed out apples to all the patients in celebration on my birthday. Yeah, I thought that was funny too, but I loved it.

I plan on cake after lunch with my two other guest house friends and the workers there. Then pizza for dinner, sweets for my teachers. That's it. Nothing special going on today. I woke up and was studying Hindi before 8AM.

I kind of thought to myself, hey, I should do something special today. Then I didn't really feel like doing anything special and it finally hit me - duh - this whole trip is special. I don't need to do anything else. What a load off.

1 comment:

the mccollums... said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you...happy birthday, dear, sweet Rebecca...happy birthday to you!! lots of love from Charlotte, NC!! You are a blessing in my life, and I pray many more blessings for you this year! XOXO