Monday, March 27, 2006

Not A Pop Or A Ffffffft

I'd been thinking over the past few days that our house situation was going to be like a balloon with the air let out of it. It can either go out with a big POP! or you can open the knot and let it out with a "Fffffft."

Was God going to reveal the house to us in a big bam! kind of way or was it going to be slower and more along the lines of "Oh."

Let's go back a few days to Friday when I was in our ladies meeting balling my eyes out because I REALLY didn't want to move into the one house we had found. (It was too far away) Everyone cried and prayed with me. I just prayed for God's will to be done because I really couldn't say anything to any of the people searching for a house for us because, well, we just didn't have time and all I was going to get would be a lecture on how we won't find what I want, blah blah blah. So I kept my mouth shut and prayed and commiserated with Martha and Phoebe who didn't want to move there either. It was far, we walk everywhere and our friends walk to us.

The the house owners came on Saturday and they were horrible. O. called me into the meeting with them and I stayed about 2 minutes and whispered in his ear as I left, "We don't have to take this house, I'd rather live in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom little place in a location we like than live in this house." 2 minutes after that O. stopped the meeting and said, "Thanks but no thanks."

There was rejoicing in our household and dancing in our kitchen (me, Martha and Phoebe). The 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom thing was really important to me but after that house fiasco I realized that location and living in the area we like and near our friends and work was MUCH more important.

So, we started the search again. There was another house that was small and had an alter room that O. was ready to rent and I said, "Please wait one more day." I REALLY didn't want to live there for various reasons. Sunday I was very discouraged before church. The thought of having to go from 3 bathrooms to 1 bathroom for 8+ people was stressing me out, to be totally honest. During announcements our pastor asked, "Does anyone have any prayer requests?" He never asks that in the middle of church. I think he knew. I said, "We need a house!" (It was already the 26th and we have to be out of this house before the 30th.) Everybody prayed and right after church one of our friends came to me and said, there is a duplex in this society (right next to our school, church) that is available. So I told O. and we jumped on the motorcycle and went looking and found -nothing. We couldn't find the house. Our friend went searching and O. and I went right across the way to the very first house we had seen 6 weeks ago.

It's brand new, it still has work left to be done on it. It's in a new development and it has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It's about a 1 minute walk from our school and church and it is considerably smaller than our present house (that's good). I liked it originally but I didn't like that there was a lot of construction going on around it. O. at some point told me that they were not willing to rent that house but only sell it. He now claims he never said that, it was a misunderstanding. I don't know what happened, maybe I was talking about that house and he was talking about another, but the house had been out of our minds for - God only knows why - until it was His time to reveal it to us.

So, it wasn't a Pop! but neither was it a Fffffft. Maybe this was more like the air being let out of a balloon and the balloon flies out of your hand and soars around the room for a while before falling to the ground.

Whatever. We got a house. Glory be to God!

No comments: