Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Opportunities Christmas Brings

I was in charge of hand delivering four wedding invitations to Martha's* Wedding on December 28th. In India, you hand deliver to homes to whomever you can. My four were our neighbors. It took me 2 hours - whereas - I think O. delivered 42 today - in approximately the same amount of time. What can I say? I'm relation-y.

I did have a nice time visiting. All neighbors are Hindu and the first wants us to come and carol sing at her house and pray. Another asked about our church and the 3rd was remembering when we carolled at her house several years ago - I think she'd have us back again. It was a really good time of relationship building.

I love our new neighborhood. My old neighbors (on both sides) wouldn't even say good morning to us.

Then, we have a new lady making food in our children's home and I've asked her to come and and house clean for me since my sister-in-law will be leaving (after marriage). This morning we were having family prayer and she came downstairs and listened the whole time and said - "I love prayer. Anytime you have prayer let me know and I'll come." - She's Muslim.

So, it was a great day of victory in the Lord. I feel like Satan is trying to close down opportunities to share the Gospel, by blocking many of our Christmas plans - yet they are popping up more and more. I am praying and hoping that all these families will come to our Christmas programs and hear the Word and I am looking forward to spending more time with them in the future. I'm so glad we got kicked out of our old house.

*Martha is my sister-in-law who has lived with us for the last 7 1/2 years, she's getting married on December 28th.

No comments: