Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Highlights Of The Past Week

I sent out a general email yesterday and then realized I forgot to mention some of the most important info from the past week. I just hate clogging up people’s mailboxes with continuous emails so I’ll write it here.

Last Monday five of our Bible Students were baptized. Praise the Lord. This came to mind last night (after I had already sent the email) when one of our church believers came by and said that he and 4 others wanted to be baptized. Again I say– Praise the Lord. His family and the others are coming out of a Hindu background and live as squatters in slum areas. God has been doing an amazing work in the lives of the first family that came to the Lord a few years ago and in the last year four more families have come to faith in Jesus Christ. And now they are asking to be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It just doesn’t get much better than that!

OK, back to last week: We had classes from 9AM to 1PM daily and occasionally in the evenings too. We were taught on “The Heart of a True Christian.” A book put together by the elders of my home church. There were also teachings on Servant Leadership, Paul, and the Sovereignty of God. All in all great teaching and the Lord moved in many hearts. Mine included.

Having teams here has gotten easier for me over the years. It was definitely more stressful five years ago. I enjoyed myself thoroughly this time and really was not at all stressed. It helped too, that I farmed out most of the cooking so that we were at a different person’s house for dinner and breakfast most days.

Now that the team is gone and the conference over, life should return to some kind of normalcy. Since we’ve returned from the US we’ve been in preparation for the conference and knowing we’d have guests here so there was always that – there – before us. Now that it’s over I hope to focus more deeply on the things that are important to me: ladies ministry, my writing, the Bible College. I’ll let you know how that goes.

No comments: