Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Grammar

I'm in the mood to write today. Not much to tell but my alternative to writing on here is reading grammar books. Yep. My English Conversational Class that I teach in the Bible College 3 days a week just got grammar.

Actually, it is a bit of an exciting day. We officially started teaching our Bible students using the BTCP* curriculum. Up til now they were learning English, computers, music and some other courses, but their real studying, the good Bible stuff** started from today.

We had a nice time this afternoon that ended with lots of prayer and then chai and samosas. (Just in case you forgot that this is India.)

Part of the new curriculum is a combined English class of Conversational and Grammar. Both on me. So, I'm revising what I'll be teaching for the next few months. I still haven't come across a satisfactory textbook, so I'm continuing to "wing it." Yeah.

I did get my hands on some grammar books today, so I need to go through them and incorporate.

Well, I just pray over it and we'll see what we get. I figure it will take three years or so of teaching the same stuff to get a set curriculum.

I teach Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so tomorrow is my first class. I think we'll mostly review since there's been a month's hiatus. If we can zip through that we'll work on "How much" and "How many" tomorrow.

* BTCP = Bible Training Centre for Pastors (Google it if interested in info on it or visit: http://www.bibletraining.com/)

**BTCP courses being taught this semester: Bible Study Methods/Interpretation, Old Testament Survey, New Testament Survey, Preaching Biblical Messages and Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Doctrine Survey. (Additional classes: Computers, English & Music - Guitar, Congo, Tabla - drum)

2 comments:

Elena said...

I'm just full of comments today. But anyway, have you looked at Abeka Grammar? That's what we use at my school and I like it a lot. I don't always have time to teach it but it seems pretty thorough.

Rebecca O said...

I'll check it out. thanks.