Thursday, June 08, 2006

Eat , Baby, Eat

A couple more thoughts on E.’s fall:

One thing I forgot to mention is that, at 5 years old, E. is a chubby, solid little girl. We always laugh about it because, hey, this is India. She mainly eats lentils and rice. But she’s a good eater.

I was always trying to get her to eat a little less, cut down on the salty foods, you know.

But I tell you, that heavy, solid body saved her life the other night.

1. She’s just solid and I think it protected all her insides.
2. The area where she fell is so small that had she been lighter and fallen out, instead of straight down (like she did), she would have hit the cement wall. Because of her weight, when she fell out the window, she hit the cement slab first and then fell straight down from that.

You’ll see it all better in the pictures but O. still has not yet come with the computer. So, it will take a few more days.

But as for E., I say – eat baby eat.

No comments: