Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Caroling Til We Drop

Oh, did we carol. For 4 straight nights we went from house to house, sang our lungs out in an attempt to be louder than the 2 drums being furiously beaten along side. We did over 20 houses every night.

As you can see by th pictures there was a lot of "mosh" like dancing going on and at a few homes where the gathering of neighborhood children was great (as in huge) our Bible students would have to stand in front of me and my 7 month protruding belly to protect me from the crazed lilliputians.

Here are pictures from my house. They're not great, but I'm a person who'd rather experience the moment than capture it on film, so they're all you get.

Both teams came to my house on Sunday so that's why there were 2 Santa's with us. After that we split into our prospective groups. Only 1 Santa each, please.
Singing, or more acurately, shouting Christmas songs. O O O so much dancing and drum beating.

From our group alone we collected about 14000 rupees to be used for our Christmas program on the 21st. That's about $320. It may not seem like much, but when you consider the average donation is 10, 50 or 100 rupees, it's pretty astounding.

I don't know the whole total from the other group yet, but we'll probably pass 25,000 rupees!

No comments: