Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Not Exactly What I Expected It To Be

The content of this blog is not exactly what I expected it would be. I’m pleased with it, but it’s much more about me than I thought it would be. I guess I figured it would be more “ministry” stuff. But hey, it’s all “ministry” over here. It’s why we’re here.

So, I guess it’s not so unusual that many random things pop up in here.

Here is (one of) my random ones of the day.

I get to read a bit each day. Make time for it. I do enjoy it so. I just finished a book that I’ve been wanting to read for a long while. “Where the Heart Is” by Billie Letts. I saw the movie with Natalie Portman a few years ago and just loved it. The book is fabulous as well. It’s one of those ones that leaves you with a heavy, almost sad feeling but not a terrible one. I was sad to leave the characters but not as sad as I have been to leave other characters in other books. This could be because I’ve seen the movie and knew what was going to happen or maybe just because there is a really nice complete feeling to this novel.

A few parts were draggy and pretty unnecessary to the plot, but they were mainly those dealing with the low down, no good father of the main character’s baby. However, I’m happy to say that I’ve reached a point in my life where I can just skim over stuff I don’t care about and move on. No guilt. No hard feelings.

No comments: