Monday, September 11, 2006

Doing Something

In January I started re-editing my manuscript (for my novel). I actually started working from the middle because the beginning just needed so much work that I couldn't even bear to start there.

I worked on a chapter here and there over the last 8 months but didn't get too far, although it was always on the back of my mind.

But since this week I have no husband and no English class to teach I was determined to jump back in there. I finished the book today. Of course, I started in the middle so I still have to go back to the beginning and start from there. But it was a good feeling to get to the end of the book.

And I still like it! I even cried at three separate parts of the story. (Of course, I wrote it) But even considering that, I have read the thing a whole lot of times over the last couple years and the fact that I still like it and it still makes me cry (even tho I am pregnant) makes me happy.

Maybe tomorrow I'll even tackle Chapter 1.

No comments: