Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Am Actually Happy

Today is my birthday. I like to ignore it and hope it goes away.

It's not just the getting older thing, it's that I've had miserable birthdays for a long long time.

So, this year I boldly proclaimed that I was NOT celebrating it. We are celebrating all of the kids in our children's Home birthdays tonight. My name will Not be mentioned and the party is Most Definitely Not For ME.

All that to say, I have been inundated with happy birthday wishes, gifts, chocolates, phone calls* and emails since last night at 12:00AM. It's not even 8 O' Clock in the morning and I've had a better birthday than I've had in probably 20 years.

Maybe I should just disappear now til tomorrow so it doesn't get spoiled...

* All of O.'s relatives in Rajasthan called from the village while I was writing this post to wish me happy birthday, EVEN his father. He spoke in their village language, which I don't understand, but I got the sentiments none the less.

No comments: