Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year's Verse

Over here we go to church on New Year's Eve (and Day). Last night we shared testimonies with each other of God's faithfulness in 2006.

It's always a wonderful time. I shared, once again, about E.'s fall from the 2nd story window and her miraculous deliverance from death or injury. (see June 6, 2006 entry) Truly the Lord is with His people.

We also pass out "promise verses" to everyone. We prepare them beforehand and then pick them from hat. After sharing our testimony we read them in front of everyone.

I wanted mine read in Hindi so I had our Pastor do it, which was good because everytime I looked at my verse I started to tear up. I would have never made it through a reading in a million years.

Isaiah 54:10 "'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord who has compassion on you."

No comments: