Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thieves Are Everywhere But Heaven

Our conference started from this evening but I was there from the morning doing registration and other things.

So far there are about 70 people who have come from outside our city, from at least 7 different states. We had a good time of worship tonight. I'm enjoying myself.

However, when we got home at 10Pm we found that someone had tried to break into our house through a bathroom window. By God's grace, that bathroom door was locked from inside the house and the thief wasn't able to do anything but break the bathroom window glass.

When I got home and saw all our family members gathered around the bathroom and I asked what happened and they told me a thief had come, my eyes flew first to my computer.

"They didn't take anything?" I asked.

I later found out about the locked bathroom door.

The heck with my purse, money, jewelry, just don't touch my computer!

Oh, and I did find out today that the man who had the visa money stolen in Bombay also had his entire month's salary with it. He learned the lesson of "Don't keep all your valuables in one place" the hard way. That's for sure.

*My mother is thinking as she reads this, "Oh I'm so glad they'll be home soon." Lest you forget mom, your own in-laws were robbed in their own home in NJ - how many times?

Thieves are everywhere - but heaven.

"Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys." Luke 12:33

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news about the interception of the burglary Bec, that was so smart of the one who did lock it on the inside. How frustrating that must have been for ol' sticky fingers...Tee Hee....