Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2 Year Anniversary

Friday February 24th will be the 2 year anniversary of the start of our Ladies Ministry. I never remember these things but my friend Vinita does and she is in charge of the Ladies Ministry. We've planned a big meeting and spent a lot of today and yesterday planning, praying and visiting people encouraging them to come.

The topic will be Abortion. We haven't advertised that tho. We know no one would come if they knew.

Abortion is common among Indian Christians - and that's the understatement of the year. I first learned about it 5 years ago from my sister-in-law who would talk about life in the villages. If a woman found she was pregnant and didn't want to be, she'd go to the doctor, he'd give her an injection and within 3 days, with some cramping, she would miscarry. Even pastor's wives were doing this.

I was horrified to say the least. It was obvious to me that these women were living in darkness. They had very little idea of what they were doing - and I'd say, they didn't want to know.

As the years have gone by, I have heard abortions talked about openly and secretly by many Christian people. A large number of the Christian women that I know personally have had multiple abortions. And they're not afraid to talk about it! They use it like birth control.

I was and continue to be overwhelmed. I know God was speaking to me to address this but I thought - How? As I was in conversations with women and the topic would come up, I would counsel on an individual basis. It wasn't enough. It would never be enough.

Earlier in the year I spoke with Vinita about this issue and she was with me. She had the same call on her heart from God to do something about it. Now together we were two. Allies - against a lie an scheme of Satan.

At this same time my sister-in-law came home from college and had with her a Christian (Gospel for Asia) book on abortion. It is was full of much useful information, especially for the Indian culture. I got that book into Vinita's hands and the date for the meeting on the 24th was set.

We've been in much prayer over this since then. This is a stronghold of Satan. Oh, how he loves to murder the innocents. Vinita and I (with our core women by our side - AND a multitude of prayer warriors) are ready to bring the women into the light. Pray for us.

* Pray for some women who will be giving personal testimonies. They're nervous, but their stories are powerful.

No comments: