Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Clear Conscience

Tonight was the 2 year anniversary of our ladies ministry and our Abortion talk.

After a late start – no one comes on time, fortunately we planned a game in the beginning - we got around to the meaty stuff.

I was on first and I had the Biblical portion. I chose to speak through a translator and this always adds extra time. I go back and forth on this – do I speak directly in Hindi and lose out on being able to express myself exactly as I want to, or do I speak with a translator which adds extra time but I can say what I want exactly as I want to.

So I went for freedom of expression today. We do not have a good woman Hindi translator and this is a problem, but we made do. And the best part is – every point took a little time to express so at least we hope it sunk in!

It was a long talk but I felt like I needed to cover everything I covered. I think my favorite passage on this topic is Isaiah 46:3-4 "Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

When I was studying for the talk this week, this passage just opened up before me. See how God sees our life... Conception, birth, old age/gray hairs. Conception, yes, in God’s timeline of our life, He starts with conception. I just love that.

So, I talked and I was long, but I don’t feel bad. It was all the truth and the fact is, I’m generally a short speaker – so, you know, I had a long one coming.

Vinita spoke after me on some of the more medical stuff/practical stuff. She was really good and since Hindi IS her first language, she was quicker.

We’re both glad to be able to stand before God with a clear conscience one day regarding this matter. Proverbs 24:11-12 says, “Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, ‘But we knew nothing about this,’ does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?”

Our hope and prayer for each woman there tonight is to know the truth from God’s Word and, basically, to stop getting abortions! I hope we saved some today who were being led to death and slaughter.

No comments: