Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Church Wedding

If you need a wedding put together in under 24 hours call me and Vinita.

We were sent to get Archana ready for the 5PM wedding. She brought nothing with her but the clothes on her back. We needed a white saree (hard to find!). Once we got that we had to get a tailor to agree to stitch a blouse for it in under 4 hours. I went to my own tailor (who takes usually a week or more to stitch my stuff) and she agreed to do it.

Once that was out of the way we needed a veil, underwear (she literally came in only what she had on), a petticoat for under the saree, bangles for her wrists, earrings, pins and hairclips, sandals.

It all came to about $25. (How many fathers are considering sending their daughters to India to get married now!)

Vinita had the bouquet and a circlet for the veil.

The cake and garlands were taken care of by the menfolk. Vinita and I got Archana ready and that’s that.

(Please ignore the sidewase picture, I didn't have time to fix it.)
Vinita getting Archana ready.


Pastor Anoop presenting the marriage certificate.

No comments: