Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Satan Knows Where To Kick

Before you read this, read the previous post.

OK, now that that's out of the way and you know all about the program on Friday I can move on.

Yesterday, during a Ministry meeting, Vinita was sitting next to me and suddenly she said she had to go. Before she reached the door she was collapsing. She said she had chest pains and within less than a minute, she passed out. She soon came to and someone went to get her husband. She said she'd been having the pain for a while and especially the last 3 days. Earlier she had gone for a check-up and had tests done, but the doctors found nothing wrong with her. She describes the pain as feeling like her chest is about to crack open.

Earlier that morning we spoke and decided to meet at 4:30 in the afternoon to discuss Friday's program. While she was being led away by her husband I thought, maybe she won't want to meet today. Even as I thought it, she turned in her husband's arms and said to me, "So today at 4:30?"

God bless her is all I can say. A cracking chest isn't going to hold her back.

We prayed harder.

Today Satan decided to pick on me. He knows the areas where we stress out. Mine is this house situation. Today (during a Church ministry meeting - what is it with the meetings?) I got a phone call that our house owner came this morning and told my sister-in-law that we have to move by March 31st (instead of April 28th like he said before) I hate moving - Oh, How. I. Hate. Moving. We just did this 13 months ago. (Once our house is built I'll never have to to it again - that's what I keep telling myself.)

Immediately, I tensed up. Satan just knows.

After our meeting was over O. came and showed me a house where we could move. It's certainly satisfactory. Nowhere near like where we live now and much more expensive, but beggars.... Thank the Lord we have a month and a 1/2 to search for another home. (Pray!)

After seeing the house, Christy, Vinita and I visited 9 homes and invited the women to come on Friday.

No comments: