Sunday, February 12, 2006

Getting There

In January our team was invited to a 5 day conference in a large city in our state. I really wanted to go and so I signed up O. and myself and 3 co-workers immediately. We paid our small fee on the spot.

As the date neared I started having 2nd thoughts. I couldn’t bring E. & C. with me and I couldn’t leave them home! I had never ever left my children – even for a night. (other than the 1 night in the hospital after giving birth to C. and technically she was with me and E. was with O.)

This was a BIG deal for me and at last I said, sorry, send somebody else in my place. I was disappointed but I really didn’t know what I was missing.

O. went and took 3 co-workers. By Monday night they were calling and saying – Come!

Yeah.

I resisted. Our vehicle was there with them but was returning Tuesday night and could take me. O. continued to tell me to come.

3 hours there, 3 hours back, all that diesel would be wasted – I’m very frugal. Nah Nah Nah.

On Tuesday he continued to encourage me to come. I wasn’t responding. I said “Lord, if you want me to come, have O. Tell me I Have to come.”

Tuesday evening O. called and said that the conference coordinators were asking for our worship leader to come and since Shalom was coming anyway then I Had to Come.

Ok, Got it Lord.

So we left Tuesday night and arrived at 2AM.

I had missed the first 2 days of the conference.

No comments: